Vice President of Finance
We are searching for a Vice President of Finance who loves talking to investors about vision
and ROIs, is passionate about creating vibrant communities, thrives with collaborative work,
and integrates perfectly with our team. Communication skills are paramount. Being able to
work well with the CEO and the Board, new and early investors, as well as our sales and product
teams, is mandatory.
Every decision you make at StormSensor is impactful, and you have a voice in how we tell our
story and present ourselves to the world. You will work closely with the CEO on a daily/weekly
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- The ability to ask for and accept feedback gracefully and effectively.
- Enthusiasm to work with a startup and understand that our customers (and—at this
stage—our investors) drive our success.
- No ego (or at least as little as is reasonable for a human to be). You’ll make mistakes,
you’ll fix mistakes, you won’t judge others’ mistakes, and you’ll grow from each
Reporting to the CEO, you will manage StormSensor’s finances and accounting from an
operational and strategic perspective, collaborating closely with the CEO and the management
team for the company’s finance and accounting needs. Our big goal will be to secure a new
round of financing in Summer 2021.
- Secure financing, including debt, project finance and venture capital for continued scaling and growth of the Company.
- Work with the CEO to design financing strategy for multi-year objectives.
- Support creation of a compelling pitch-deck and associated financial modeling and projections.
- Lead our financial planning processes, including but not limited to, forecasting, budget planning, and financial analysis, including periodic board reporting.
- Support operations in key decisions to reduce costs of production and inform analysis of operating costs in technology considerations.
- Administrate financial elements of federal and state grants and projects.
- Conduct cashflow analyses to assist in financing decisions, as well as primary responsibility for cash management.
- Develop budgets for the Company, and ensure the Company stays within budget both for operating expenses and capital projects.
- Develop internal financial reporting and commentary that provides leadership with timely insights into trends, operational results, and growth drivers.
- Ensure legal compliance on all financial functions and across all states and municipalities in which we work and/or have staff.
- Establish, maintain, and enforce documented accounting procedures.
- Lead the processes related to operational metric review across different levels of the business.
- Maintain Good Accounting Practices within operations.
- Manage and supervise outside accounting and book-keeping resources.
- Provide modeling and analytical support for strategic growth projects, new product development, long-term contracts, and other business initiatives.
- 8+ years in accounting and/or finance organizations in a similar capacity
- Experience working in a high-growth, SaaS startup environment. IoT experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience securing debt and developing a multi-tiered finance strategy for growth.
- Experience with venture capital and equity investment.
- Fluency in Xero and other accounting software.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business.
- CPA preferred.
- Experience handling federal and state grants, and compliance with government finance and accounting practices.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements for Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting.
Benefits & Perks
- Compensation: DOE
- Monthly health insurance stipend
- Unlimited paid time off
- Remote work (or in-office—up to you) + tight team
- Passionate, collaborative, and generally awesome co-workers
If you’ve got the skills and are interested in joining a great team, we’d love to learn more about you. Submit your resume and CV to Erin Rothman at firstname.lastname@example.org.