Territory Sales Executive (Midwest region)
We are searching for a Territory Sales Executive (Midwest region). At StormSensor, our customers are our reason for being. Our objective as the sales team is to do whatever it takes to help our customers accomplish their goals with the help of StormSensor.
You love talking to people about water and are passionate about helping cities adapt and thrive in an uncertain climate future. Communication skills are paramount as your job is to work directly with public works employees, engineers, contractors, analysts, scientists, and even the public. You are great at reaching out and following up with customers, partners, and contractors. Most of all, you want to delight our customers through both their product experience and their working relationship with StormSensor, and you enjoy seeing people succeed – with your help, of course!
In this era of remote work, you are performant while working remotely from home – but you must also thrive in the field and in front of customers. You are excited to get your hands dirty, seeing firsthand challenges prospective customers face. You enjoy building a sales pipeline, giving product presentations and exceeding sales goals.
In addition, you are:
- Naturally inquisitive. Curiosity is a strength!
- An excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to solve any problem you put your mind to, or at the very least you can figure out the best person to solve that problem.
- Convinced that anything is possible! It’s just a matter of figuring out how.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable. You have the courage to get through tough situations and tough times.
- A mentor. You can communicate collaboratively with everyone, both team members and customers.
- Able to ask for and accept feedback gracefully and effectively.
- Able to bounce back from failure and realize you’re not in this alone.
- Egoless (or at least as much as is reasonable for a human to be). You’ll make mistakes, you’ll fix mistakes, you won’t judge others’ mistakes, and you’ll grow from each experience.
Specific tasks include:
- Be the primary interface with customers to manage and resolve any essential situations.
- Build and maintain sales pipeline within defined territory, utilizing CRM.
- Work closely with CX team to ensure smooth transition to customer onboarding.
- Voice of the customer: be the advocate for the customer to StormSensor’s Product, Hardware, Marketing, and CX teams.
- Meet or exceed revenue and performance targets.
- Present at conferences and network with future customers.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in customer/client-facing sales roles, e.g., customer success/experience at SaaS or hardware company, civil/environmental consulting.
- B.S./M.S. in civil/environmental engineering, environmental science, geology, or related field, OR prior demonstrated ability to develop technical subject matter expertise.
- Experience in data science, stormwater modeling, sewer/hydraulic engineering, and/or urban geography/GIS a plus.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Great planning, organizational, and creative thinking skills
- U.S. work authorization
- Location: remote, based near major hub airport in Great Lakes area, US
- Able to travel up to 50% to support customer projects
Benefits & Perks
- Compensation: salary (depends on experience) + commission
- Unlimited paid time off
- Remote work + tight team
- Passionate, collaborative, and generally awesome co-workers
- Comprehensive benefits package, including company-sponsored health insurance, 401K
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Territory Sales Executive-Midwest region” in the subject line.
Note concerning travel during COVID-19 pandemic: StormSensor is considered an essential service provider (water/wastewater) and continues to travel to customer cities during the pandemic. We follow all CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of our team and our customers.