Senior Frontend Developer
We are searching for a brilliant Senior Frontend Developer who is passionate about protecting our water and creating vibrant communities, thrives with remote work, and integrates perfectly with our team and our values: creativity, integrity, unity, courage, and curiosity.
You will be joining a small team, so communication skills are paramount. Being able to explain technical work to environmental engineers, sales people, scientists, and customers is all part of the job.
Every decision you make at StormSensor is impactful, and you have a voice in design, architecture, and implementation.
You are an analytical and creative developer who can grasp user needs and solve problems, and you work thoroughly yet efficiently. You analyze, evaluate and draw upon spatial UX/UI designs utilized across other industries and verticals to help StormSensor meet and exceed expectations of its customers at every touchpoint and interaction. We have focused on time-series data to date; now we’re branching into spatial analytics, so your experience integrating time series data and creating spatial data visualizations is critical.
In addition, you are:
- Naturally inquisitive. Curiosity is a strength!
- Motivated and determined to do great work. You don’t need to be micromanaged, and you manage your time well.
- An excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An experienced software developer. You’ve built, shipped, and supported at least three major projects and you are ready to jump right in.
- A mentor. You can communicate collaboratively with everyone about it.
- Able to ask for and accept feedback gracefully and effectively.
- Excited to work with a startup and understand that our customers drive our success.
- Egoless (or at least as much as is reasonable for a human to be). You’ll make mistakes, you’ll fix mistakes, you won’t judge others’ mistakes, and you’ll grow from each experience.
- Analyze and meet product specifications and user expectations
- Implement wireframes, mockups, and prototypes around customer needs
- Build, architect, and implement designs based on expert knowledge of code-level design patterns and best practices
- Discuss design ideas and prototypes with technical and non-technical teams
- Collaborate to implement the information architecture structure for new features
- 6+ years’ experience of professional work as a frontend developer.
- Experience building wireframes and mockups based on user-focused requirements documents
- Strong GitHub mastery
- Experience designing and implementing complex spatial data visualizations
- Experience in mapping, GIS, MapBox, and/or similar
- Proven knowledge of interaction design and information architecture
- Experience using and implementing Google’s Material Design kit
- Experience using OAuth and AWS amplify
- Familiarity with Scrum
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with business-oriented approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and reliable with excellent time management and organizational skills: we can count on you, and you can count on us to do our jobs and support each other.
- U.S. work authorization
Benefits & Perks
- Salary DOE
- Monthly health insurance stipend
- Unlimited paid time off
- Remote work + tight team
- Passionate, collaborative, and generally awesome co-workers
- Coming October 1: comprehensive benefits, including company-sponsored health insurance
To apply, send your CV and Resume to email@example.com with “Senior Frontend Developer” in the subject line.