Mid-Level Electrical Engineer
Welcome to StormSensor!
StormSensor, a climate technology startup, is expanding our team! StormSensor works with cities across the U.S. to track how water moves through their storm, sewer, and coastal infrastructure. Our high-resolution data networks monitor flow and temperature every 5 minutes, while our proprietary algorithms and intuitive software provide cities with simple, practical insights to help them adapt to system- and climate-driven risks from flooding, sea level rise, tidal surges, and storms.
We are searching for a Mid-Level Electrical Engineer who is passionate about creating vibrant communities, thrives with remote work, and integrates perfectly with our team. Communication skills are paramount. Being able to work directly with public works employees, environmental engineers, designers, analysts, scientists, and customers is all part of the job.
At StormSensor, we are all about data and getting meaningful insights from it. For our hardware, this means building sensors that are stable, robust, and adaptable, while keeping an eye on costs. Our electrical team is a cornerstone of this effort and covers a variety of factors: anything from longer battery life, streamlined boards, more precise sensors, or entirely new ones.
You have in-depth knowledge about PCBA development and manufacture, with experience in taking multiple PCBAs from ideation to production manufacture. You have excellent communication skills with your fellow engineers, and you can effectively explain engineering issues and topics to non-engineering staff. You are a hard worker who can both give and receive constructive criticism about development tasks.
You will be working improving existing systems and developing new sensors or modules with a focus on improving stability and costs. You are self-driven and able to identify, support, and make improvements to the systems. In addition to development tasks, you will be expected to help field personnel find solutions to various unique field conditions, including solar power, connectivity, and others.
In addition, you are:
- Naturally inquisitive. Curiosity is a strength!
- An excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to solve any problem you put your mind to, or at the very least you can figure out the best person to solve that problem.
- Convinced that anything is possible! It’s just a matter of figuring out how.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable. You have the courage to get through tough situations and tough times.
- A mentor. You can communicate collaboratively with everyone, both team members and customers.
- Able to ask for and accept feedback gracefully and effectively.
- Able to bounce back from failure and realize you’re not in this alone.
- Egoless (or at least as much as is reasonable for a human to be). You’ll make mistakes, you’ll fix mistakes, you won’t judge others’ mistakes, and you’ll grow from each experience.
- Circuit design and development
- PCBA layout
- New sensor electrical design and development
- Circuit profiling and optimization
- Radio and antenna development
- Firmware review and development
- Support of field staff
- 3-5 years of experience in PCBA development
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar
- Experience with both analog and digital design
- 1+ years of experience in Firmware development in C/C++
- Radio and antenna design experience preferred but not required
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Great planning, organizational, and creative thinking skills
- U.S. work authorization
- Location: Seattle strongly preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Compensation: DOE
- Monthly health insurance stipend
- Unlimited paid time off
- Remote work + tight team
- Passionate, collaborative, and generally awesome co-workers
How to Apply
Send Resume to email@example.com or Click the LinkedIn Icon below