Mid-level DevOps Engineer
We are searching for a brilliant mid-level DevOps engineer who is passionate about protecting our water and creating vibrant communities, thrives with remote work, and integrates perfectly with our team. You have excellent engineering skills and you are an expert at how to architect and implement code to integrate across our system.
You will be joining a small team, so communication skills are paramount. Being able to explain technical work to environmental engineers, salespeople, scientists, and customers is all part of the job.
Every decision you make at StormSensor is impactful, and you have a voice in development, architecture, and implementation.
- Motivated and determined to do great work. You don’t need to be micromanaged, and you manage your time well and work well within a diverse team environment.
- An excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An experienced DevOps engineer. You’ve built, shipped, and supported at least three major projects.
- A mentor. You can communicate collaboratively with everyone about your work.
- Able to ask for and accept feedback gracefully and effectively.
- Excited to work with a startup and understand that our customers drive our success.
- Egoless (or at least as much as is reasonable for a human to be). You’ll make mistakes, you’ll fix mistakes, you won’t judge others’ mistakes, and you’ll grow from each experience.
- Identify trends in need of a larger solution, beyond the scope of the immediate problem
- Collaborate with developers and data scientists to bring new features and services into production
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Off hours/on-call support required
- Build and use DevOps tools to deploy, maintain, and update infrastructure.
- Engineer continuous delivery pipelines that are stable, maintainable, scalable, and secure
- Work across engineering teams to facilitate application deployments, infrastructure utilization, root cause analysis, and performance improvements.
- Setup alerts for monitoring of our Cloud Systems
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Ensure high-security standards are designed and implemented into all tooling and infrastructure solutions.
- Implement industry best practices for system hardening and configuration management
- Build and maintain a resilient, secure, and efficient SaaS application platform to meet established SLAs
- Support increasing volume of customer transactions by improving infrastructure scalability.
- Secure, scale, and manage AWS ECS Clusters and Tasks
- 4+ years’ (or commensurate) experience of professional work in DevOps.
- Building infrastructure as code using multi-module terraform projects.
- Understanding of github integrations, git workflows and releases.
- Deep experience with AWS (ECS, EC2, RDS, ELK, IAM, S3, Secrets, etc.)
- Automation methodologies, processes improvement and development of CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins Pipelines/DSL, Groovy extensions, and Docker
- Experience setting up and administering Monitoring & Alerting (Prometheus/Grafana/Cloudwatch/OpenTelemetry)
- Understands networking, messaging, message queuing, and service mesh technologies
- Deploying and monitoring Docker REST APIs, Microservices, and Integration tasks
- Experience working within an Agile teams and Scrum
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- U.S. work authorization
Benefits & Perks
- Salary DOE
- Company health insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Remote work + tight team
- Passionate, collaborative, and generally awesome co-workers
To apply, send your CV and resume to email@example.com with “DevOps Engineer” in the subject line.