Embedded Software Engineer
We are searching for an Embedded Software Engineer who is passionate about creating vibrant communities, thrives with remote work, and integrates perfectly with our team and our values: creativity, integrity, unity, courage, and curiosity.
You will be joining a small team, so communication skills are paramount. Being able to explain technical work to environmental engineers, sales people, scientists, and customers is all part of the job.
Every decision you make at StormSensor is impactful, and you have a voice in design, architecture, and implementation.
You are an analytical and creative engineer who can understand system from both a low and high level prospective. You enjoy working in cross disciplinary teams to create interesting and reliable products that continue to operate in tough environments. You like taking ownership of projects and seeing them from ideation to completion.
In addition, you are:
- Naturally inquisitive. Curiosity is a strength!
- An excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to solve any problem you put your mind to, or at the very least you can figure out the best person to solve that problem.
- Convinced that anything is possible! It’s just a matter of figuring out how.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable. You have the courage to get through tough situations and tough times.
- A mentor. You can communicate collaboratively with everyone, both team members and customers.
- Comfortable writing code, testing hardware, doing data analysis, and whatever else it takes to deliver value.
- Comfortable with math and physics including being able to represent them in code.
- Focused on best practices and code readability.
- Egoless (or at least as much as is reasonable for a human to be). You’ll make mistakes, you’ll fix mistakes, you won’t judge others’ mistakes, and you’ll grow from each experience.
- Develop firmware and embedded software across the stack from IO configuration to application code.
- Development and maintenance of build pipelines
- Bring up of new designs
- Verification testing of system performance
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback
- Field and Manufacturing support for firmware issues
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related.
- 2+ years of embedded software development experience
- Excellent knowledge of C and C++
- Proficiency in Python and/or other modern scripting and automation languages
- Experience with programming and debugging ARM microcontrollers
- Knowledge of engineering best practices
- Experience with full product development cycle
- Experience with bare metal and framework (mbed or similar) firmware development
- Strong troubleshooting instincts and the ability to quickly triage / perform root-cause analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and reliable with excellent time management and organizational skills: we can count on you, and you can count on us to do our jobs and support each other.
- Experience with security and regulatory compliance is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Compensation: DOE
- Monthly health insurance stipend
- Unlimited paid time off
- Remote work + tight team
- Passionate, collaborative, and generally awesome co-workers
- Coming soon: company-sponsored health insurance and retirement plans
To apply, send your CV and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Embedded Software Engineer” in the subject line.