Chief Revenue Officer and Sr. VP Sales/Marketing
Welcome to StormSensor!
StormSensor, a leader in climate technology, is expanding our team! StormSensor works with cities across the U.S. to track how water moves through their storm, sewer, and coastal infrastructure. Our high-resolution sensor networks monitor flow and temperature every 5 minutes, while our proprietary algorithms and intuitive software provide cities with simple, practical insights to help them adapt to climate-driven risks from flooding, sea level rise, tidal surges, and storms.
We are searching for a Chief Revenue Officer and Sr. VP Sales/Marketing who loves talking to engineers about water, is passionate about creating vibrant communities, thrives with remote work, and integrates perfectly with our team. Communication skills are paramount. Being able to work with public works employees, environmental engineers, designers, analysts, scientists, and customers is all part of the job.
Every decision you make at StormSensor is impactful, and you have a voice in how we tell our story and present ourselves to the world. You will work directly for the CEO.
You have excellent communication skills, you love reaching out, following-up and closing the deal. You can take on existing pipeline leads, as well as generate your own. You will inherit an existing sales team and add to that team. You have the experience to build and run the sales and marketing process like a well-oiled machine, and with exceptional results. Your job is to close deals and get contracts signed—and you love the thrill of closing!
You are just as comfortable working with the Mayor of a City, as well as Public Works directors, and the operational staff that manages infrastructure.
In addition, you are:
- Motivated and determined to follow-up and close. You don’t need to be micromanaged, and you manage your time well.
- An excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An experienced closer: not only can you close deals, but you effectively teach others to do the same.
- A mentor. You can communicate collaboratively with everyone, both team members and customers.
- Able to ask for and accept feedback gracefully and effectively.
- Excited to work with at an emerging technology company and understand that our customers drive our success.
- No ego (or at least as little as is reasonable for a human to be). You’ll make mistakes, you’ll fix mistakes, you won’t judge others’ mistakes, and you’ll grow from each experience.
Things You Will Do
- Setting—and meeting—quarterly and annual sales goals company-wide, and motivating your sales team to do the same.
- Take on the existing pipeline: conduct daily sales activities, ensuring the pipeline is updated daily and communications are active and effective.
- Develop and execute on sales plans, strategies, and goals.
- Create weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales reports.
- Integrate sales activities with your marketing team to design customer-focused promotions, digital marketing, and emails for StormSensor products.
- Develop new and effective sales and marketing strategies.
- Make the first call, interview prospective customers, and schedule meetings.
- Create proposals and grant applications.
- Create and give presentations to industry groups and prospects.
- Stay informed about competitor products and industry trends.
- Recruit and hire sales and marketing staff and develop training programs.
- Develop and manage sales budgets.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships.
- Work closely with the Customer Experience (CX) team from the proposal stage on to ensure smooth transition from Sales to CX.
- Support the CEO in driving top-line growth.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in a civil, environmental, or similar science or engineering field. An advanced degree is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Deep experience selling innovative software solutions to municipalities, governmental organizations, and consulting engineering firms.
- A professional engineering (PE) certificate is helpful, but not mandatory.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in a sales leadership position.
- Direct experience in managing multiple sales people, in multiple time zones.
- In-depth knowledge of effective sales/marketing strategies and methods for SaaS business models, as well as employee motivation techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of the company’s products, competitive products, and the market.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Great strategic planning, organizational, and creative thinking skills.
- Well versed in CRMs (Salesforce or equivalent).
- Desire and ability to travel, with easy access to a major airport.
- Full English fluency (read, write, speak); Spanish as a second language is a plus.
- U.S. work authorization.
Benefits & Perks
- Compensation: base + commission + performance-based bonuses
- Stock ownership
- Company-paid health insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Remote work + tight team
- Passionate, collaborative, and generally awesome co-workers
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “CRO” in the subject line.