Backend Software Developer
We are searching for a brilliant mid-level backend developer who is passionate about protecting our water and creating vibrant communities, thrives with remote work, and integrates perfectly with our team. You have excellent engineering skills and you are an expert at how to architect and implement code to integrate across our system.
You will be joining a small team, so communication skills are paramount. Being able to explain technical work to environmental engineers, sales people, scientists, and customers is all part of the job.
Every decision you make at StormSensor is impactful, and you have a voice in development, architecture, and implementation.
- Motivated and determined to do great work. You don’t need to be micromanaged, and you manage your time well.
- An excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A deeply experienced software developer. You’ve built, shipped, and supported at least three major projects.
- A mentor. You can communicate collaboratively with everyone about your work.
- Able to ask for and accept feedback gracefully and effectively.
- Excited to work with a startup and understand that our customers drive our success.
- Egoless (or at least as much as is reasonable for a human to be). You’ll make mistakes, you’ll fix mistakes, you won’t judge others’ mistakes, and you’ll grow from each experience.
Things You Will Do
- Identify trends in need of a larger solution, beyond the scope of the immediate problem
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Off hours/on-call support required
- Build and use DevOps tools to deploy, maintain, and update infrastructure.
Engineer continuous delivery pipelines that are stable, maintainable, scalable, and secure
- Work across engineering teams to facilitate application deployments, infrastructure utilization, root cause analysis, and performance improvements.
- Setup alerts for monitoring of our Cloud Systems
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Ensure high-security standards are designed and implemented into all tooling and infrastructure solutions.
- Implement industry best practices for system hardening and configuration management
- Build and maintain a resilient, secure, and efficient SaaS application platform to meet established SLAs
- Support increasing volume of customer transactions by improving infrastructure scalability.
- Secure, scale, and manage AWS Kubernetes Clusters
- Java backend support
- Deep experience with AWS (ECS, EC2, RDS, EKS, IAM, S3, Secrets, etc.)
- Automation methodologies, processes improvement and development of CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins/Travis
- Experience in creating and managing Kubernetes clusters (EKS, Helm, Rancher, etc.)
- Configuration management and build orchestration with Kubernetes, EKS, Packer, Terraform, Nexus, Docker, etc.
- Experience setting up and administering Monitoring & Alerting (Prometheus/Grafana/Micrometer/Telegraf)
- Understands networking, messaging, message queuing, and service mesh technologies
- REST APIs, Microservices, and Integrations
- Test driven development and deployment.
- Java applications and related J2EE technology stack
- U.S. work authorization
Benefits & Perks
- Salary DOE
- Monthly health insurance stipend
- Unlimited paid time off
- Remote work + tight team
- Passionate, collaborative, and generally awesome co-workers
If you’ve got the skills and are interested in joining a great team, we’d love to learn more about you. Submit your resume and CV to Erin Rothman at firstname.lastname@example.org.